Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crazy Week!

Wow, it's been a week full of pool! I played every single day/night except Friday and even then I took advantage of the lull in action to get a couple hours of drills in at home.

As I previously wrote, Sunday was the most demanding day of the week for me. Monday was a normal 9-ball league night where I was put up against a tough opponent who had recently been 'downgraded' in skill level (I seem to be bumping into that a lot lately). She shot very well and jumped out to a quick 9-1 lead on the first rack, but then I was able to chip away steadily at her lead to bring it down to the wire. She actually sunk the winning point when I still had two points left, but she also scratched on the shot giving me ball-in-hand and the victory. I dodged a bullet on that one!

Tuesday night I participated in APA qualifier boards for regional tournaments to be held in October. I made it to the finals in two 8-ball boards, but unfortunately lost both matches in close games. I managed to qualify in 9-ball though! This is a little surprising, because I consider 8-ball to be more my game than 9-ball... but it's good to "go with the flow" and go with whatever is working. This qualification will give me motivation and opportunity to improve my 9-ball game.

It's really not my intention to give you a blow-by-blow of my play every week, so I'll spare the details of the rest of the week other than to say our handicap advantage didn't carry us through the whole 9-ball doubles board this morning. We handily won our first match and were in the lead in the second match (only needed three points to win!) but hit a wall... we got hooked over and over again it seemed and the other team was able to put together a nice comeback. Very disappointing for us of course, but we really can't fault our play... I think we did well. Sometimes the rolls just don't go your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment